Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Twas the night before the flight

It's like that feeling you have as a kid on Christmas Eve. You want to go to sleep, but you can't because you know something exciting is happening tomorrow. An event entangled in mystery and fun - so much fun in fact that the anticipation for it alone is gripping.

So here I sit at 1:20 in the dark, ten hours before boarding, listening to ambient sleep-inducing music that hasn't quite kicked in yet. Surely my body needs the rest, but my mind got sidetracked by an odd here and an end there that needed to be tied up. While I'm at it, I may as well write about it, huh?

So for those of you who are interested, here's what you can expect from this strand of my blog.
1) A diverse itinerary: Paris, Brussels, Brugge, Cologne, Frankfurt, Rome, and Madrid for an account of World Youth Day.
2) Strong beginnings and hurried endings. Such is my style lately.
3) Visuals! Photos and videos shall adorn this blog, except for this post because, well, who wants to see me sitting in my office in the middle of the night?
4) Brief descriptions of sites, meticulous descriptions of FOOD.
5) Interactions. No promises here, but if you have questions about a certain something, leave it and if I can I'll answer it.

Hmm. I honestly thought after writing that list I'd be ready to fall asleep. But alas, I guess I'll just have to watch some cartoons on Netflix until sleep wins. Maybe I'll see you at Sea-Tac tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment