Sunday, August 14, 2011

Biking in Borghese


One of the most fun outings Joyce and I have had is at the Borghese Gardens. On its own, it’s a simple arboretum with wading fountains and grassy quarters. It has its own museums – this is Rome after all – as well as a beautiful panoramic viewpoint. I guess it’s not so simple. What made it extraordinary was the cycle-buggy we rented for 10 euro for an hour. Look at the pictures and imagine the fun we had cruising through the park on that awesome contraption. To make the experience all the more awesome, I brought my iPhone with me this time (conveniently stored in my new murse I acquired at the flea market last night) and I turned up the tunes as loud as I could. We played everything from hip hop to jazz to Bananarama during our trek. Two times we stopped to walk in public fountains – a refreshing experience on a hot day.


I highly recommend renting one of these buggies, especially if you’re in a group, maybe even if you’re all by yourself. It’s such a fun ride and an quick and memorable way to view the park. I had never been to Borghese before, but I can tell you, based on the fact that I’m a frills kind of guy, that without this buggy, this place would have just been a walk in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment